Food Hygiene Facilities Program
This program ensures food establishments regulated by the Department of Health are designed, built, equipped, and operated in a safe and sanitary manner.
The Florida Department of Health in Volusia County jurisdiction includes food service operations located in the following types of establishments:
- Schools (public and private)
- Residential Facilities
- After School Meal Program
- Correctional Facilities
- Civic and Fraternal Organizations
- Theaters (that limit their menu to drinks, candy, popcorn, hotdogs, and nachos)
- Bars and Lounges (that do not serve food)
**You may find the updated version using the following link: Updated Chapter 64E-11, Florida Administrative Code **
- AGENCY JURISDICTION
It should be noted that public restaurants in Florida are under the regulatory authority of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Grocery stores and convenience stores in Florida are under the regulatory authority of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
The Department of Health no longer has food regulatory authority in hospitals, nursing homes, childcare facilities, facilities licensed by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, many group homes, churches, and other not-for-profit religious organizations.
For information regarding childcare facilities, please contact the Department of Children and Families.
For information regarding group homes that serve persons with disabilities, please contact the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
For information regarding hospitals and nursing homes, please contact the Agency for Health Care Administration. View the Agency for Health Care Administration's "Monitoring of Hospitals and Nursing Home Food Service Operations" notice.
- Chapter64E-11, Florida Administrative Code (PDF, <1MB)
- Food Service Establishment / Sanitation Certificate – Application (PDF, <1MB)
- Food Service Establishment Plan Review – Guide (PDF, <1MB)
- Food Service Establishment Plan Review – Application (PDF, <1MB)
- Preventing Food Contamination - Training Pamphlet (PDF, <1MB)
- Temporary Food Service Event – Application (PDF, <1MB)
- Section 381.0072, Florida Statutes
Temporary Food Events
- HELPFUL Links
Education and Training:
- Florida Department of Health – "Employee Training Guidance"
- Florida Department of Health – Food Manager Certification
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Environmental Health Workforce Development Training