DOH-Volusia offers a number of dental services. If your child has Medicaid, why go anywhere else?
Limited emergency services are provided for adults on Medicaid.
Eligibility Requirements for children are:
- Children ages 0 – 20 with United Health Care Medicaid and Staywell (Wellcare, Liberty Dental) Medicaid
- Healthy Kids
- CMS - Pedi-care
- Any child 1 – 18 years old who does not have a dentist and is experiencing pain - sliding scale fee
Any person bringing a child to an appointment who is not the child’s parent must provide:
- Notorized consent from parent or
- Court appointed legal guardianship papers
All children under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian present at the appointment to be served.
Adult patients without Medicaid please contact the Dental Clinic for referral phone numbers.
- Fluoride Placement
- Oral Hygiene Instruction
- Sealant Placement
- Extractions (tooth removal)
Emergency Dental Services
- Emergency Examination
- Oral Evaluation
- Medication as necessary
- Limited Emergency Extractions (tooth removal)
- A School-Based Preventive Dental Program